Friday, October 4, 2013

Reading Day

Since my school is an international school in Africa, we don’t celebrate all the traditional American holidays.  Yet, we do have some pretty fun replacement days.  One of the best days is reading day.  For this day, everyone dresses up as their favorite book character and we have a parade.  We then have a fun assembly with music, prizes, and skits. 

This year, I had my husband’s 6th grade class partner with mine.  We did buddy reading, and then we had the 6th graders and Kindergartners do a reader’s theater skit together. The 6th graders had to teach the skits to the younger kids and then practice them.  It was really fun! 

We also had a costume competition for the students.  What I didn't know, however, was that they were having one for the teachers as well.  I was really excited because the costume I made for my husband won!!  Let’s just say, I am very thankful that I brought my hot glue gun to Africa. J  Here are some pictures from our day  . . .

The Chinchen's (Vice Principal & Founders of the school)


 All the teachers
 My dinosaur Charles and the "Gingerbread Man"
 Mr. Flinstone and a sleepy one
 Here I am, "Juliet"
 My husband, the "Tin Man" & winner of the Best Homemade Costume!
 My Class!




(If you would like to see more, here is a facebook link to the album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.616978968230.1073741833.118900228&type=1&l=cf1ac86d42)


Love and Costumes!

Miriam 

No comments:

Post a Comment